Welcome to the pilot project of the Chicago Democracy Project. We offer a range of information about Chicago politics. We have information about elections, candidates within elections, campaign contributions (when available), demographics from the 2000 census, political appointments to boards and commissions, summary data about minority and women owned contracts and, where possible, background information on all of these areas
- Our examples. Our examples provide a nice overview of the types of data we have available
- Browse By City. Choose from the list of available cities
- Choose an election to view election results and campaign finance data. We have archived citywide election data from 1975-1989 and comprehensive election data from 1989-1999. Furthermore, for select candidates and elections, we have campaign contribution data available
- Choose a candidate from an election. You may also search our elections and campaign finance data by candidate using this screen.
- Campaign Finance Index. Quick index to which elections and candidates have campaign finance data
- Choose census data. We also have many major demographic categories (e.g. Race, Age) from the 2000 US census. Also, as a pilot project, we have included summaries of census data recoded to map onto different geopolitical boundaries within Chicago. Each variable can be viewed by ward, neighborhood, congressional district, et al, plus the normal census tract and block group breakdowns.
- Examine political appointments. You may also be interested in our comprehensive records of political appointments to boards and commissions within Chicago
- EEOC summaries. We have also archived several years worth of city employment statistics using EEOC records